When I sat down to write this post, I was happy to discover I had a full list of things to be grateful for despite having a horrible cough and cold this week. Here’s to better health this coming week!
Quotes on Gratitude
“I am grateful for what I am and have.
My thanksgiving is perpetual…
O how I laugh when I think of my vague indefinite riches.
No run on my bank can drain it
for my wealth is not possession but enjoyment.” — Henry David Thoreau
“Learn how to carry a friendship greatly, whether or not it is returned. Why should one regret if the receiver is not equally generous? It never troubles the sun that some of his rays fall wide and vain into ungrateful space, and only a small part on the reflecting planet. Let your greatness educate the crude and cold companion. If he is unequal, he will presently pass away; but thou art enlarged by thy own shining.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
“You cannot be grateful and bitter.
You cannot be grateful and unhappy.
You cannot be grateful and without hope.
You cannot be grateful and unloving.
So just be grateful.”
— Author Unknown
Gratitude list for the week ending February 25
- We ate at Mi Casa Mexican Restaurant in Breckenridge, where I drank the best margarita I’ve had in years!
- Likewise, the food (I had elk mole enchiladas) was the best Mexican food I’ve had outside of Austin or San Diego (and that says a LOT!).
- And let’s not forget guacamole made tableside. Yum!
- Last weekend was a long one due to the President’s Day holiday, which gave us extra time to ski with the kids.
- My new segment on Katie Davis’ Brain Burps About Books podcast debuted this week. It’s called, “Julie Hedlund Gets All Grateful on Your A**!” :-)
- I am in the process of developing my professional author website, and I made great progress this week.
- I read and finished ROOM, by Emma Donahue. An unbelievable book that has kept me thinking about it all week. Those are the best kinds of books.
- I had my second school visit with a class of 5th graders.
- Both kids got great report cards.
- I got caught up on my blog reading. Take THAT Google Reader!!
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Books, Gratitude Sunday, Skiing, Travel · Tags: Books, Brain Burps About Books, Breckenridge, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Katie Davis, Mexican Food, Mi Casa Restaurant, Podcast, School Visit, Skiing