This week’s Gratitude Sunday really started last Sunday when we got together with my mom, my Aunt and my cousin and her family and we shared an Easter dinner that included the best prime rib I’ve ever eaten. That set the tone for a very good week.
Quotes on Gratitude
A week or so ago, Orna Ross blogged about a retreat she attended with Thich Nhat Hahn and shared these quotes.
“Don’t wait until you have no more suffering before allowing yourself to be happy. Smile, breathe and go slowly… Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.”
“The true miracle is not walking on water or walking in air, but simply walking on this earth… Walk as if you are kissing the earth with your feet.”
“Because you are alive, everything is possible.”
Gratitude list for the week ending April 14
- A hyacinth in a vase next to my bed, such that I fell asleep and woke up to its lovely scent.
- Attending a fascinating talk by Jonah Lehrer, author of Imagine: How Creativity Works
- Making plans to see Les Mis with a college friend this summer, which has special significance for us
- Outdoor runs
- Lilacs in bloom
- Tulips blooming on Pearl Street
- Getting to see the movie Titanic on the big screen again – and in 3-D!
- Reading my book with the sound of rain on the roof
- Another helpful and supportive meeting with my in-person critique group
- Laura Backes helped me solve a problem in one of my manuscripts – a problem I’ve been trying to fix for TWO YEARS!
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Authors, Books, Gratitude Sunday, Holidays, Movies, Writing · Tags: Authors, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Imagine: How Creativity Works, Jonah Lehrer, Julie Hedlund, Laura Backes, Movies, Spring, Titanic, Writer