By any measure — physical, mental, emotional — this was not a “good” week. However, I’ve said before that it is even more important to practice gratitude when life doesn’t seem so great on the surface. So in the spirit of practicing what I preach, here is this week’s Gratitude Sunday post.
Quotes on Gratitude
“To get up each morning with the resolve to be happy is to set our own conditions to the events of each day. To do this is to condition circumstances instead of being conditioned by them.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
“If you allow yourself to breathe into the depth, wonder, beauty, craziness, and strife — everything that represents the fullness of your life — you can live fearlessly. Because you come to realize that if you just keep breathing, you cannot be conquered.” — Oprah Winfrey
“There’s always going to be bad stuff out there. But here’s the thing, light trumps darkness every time. You can stick a candle into the dark, but you can’t stick the dark into the light.” — Jodi Picoult
Gratitude list for the week ending April 21
- Lovely spring weather
- Reading one of my childhood favorites, Hurry Home Candy, to the kids
- My mother
- Meeting deadlines
- Rescuing ANOTHER baby bunny – this time from the window well, and this time big enough to survive on its own
- Getting a babysitter and going out to dinner on Saturday night
- A baby lamb born to the sheep in the field behind our yard
- Jay learned to tie his shoes in one day.
- The tomato plants are sprouting.
- Long-standing conflicts on the road to being resolved
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Gratitude Sunday · Tags: Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday