Quotes on Gratitude
“There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” — Aldous Huxley
“To do the useful thing, to say the courageous thing, to contemplate the beautiful thing: that’s enough for one man’s life.” — T.S. Eliot
“The soul should always stand ajar, ready to welcome the ecstatic experience.” — Emily Dickenson
Gratitude list for the week ending May 5
- MY NEW WEBSITE AND BLOG IS LIVE! I’ve been working on it for more than three months, and it was a major goal for 2012 that I can now check off my list.
- Graphic designer Kristy Lehman, who helped me create the anchor image for the site with extremely short notice, and to my friend Beth Thaler for referring her.
- I figured out how to create mailing lists, so that I could start sending a monthly newsletter – another 2012 goal.
- WordPress plugins. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways – contact forms, Facebook share, Follow widgets, and on and on…
- My family, for putting up with my constant working and obsessing this week and giving me the time I needed.
- All of my wonderful 12 x 12 in 2012 participants! They come to my aid when I’m struggling and become an instant cheering section when I have good news. When I called for 12 x 12 testimonials, I got 35 back in less than two hours! They have been patient and helpful as I’ve worked out the kinks in the new website. Thank you!
- The many friends (both real life and online) and family who, upon hearing I was going through a rough time, reached out and offered comfort, support and assistance.
- Getting my March manuscript revised
- The fantastic volunteers at my kids’ school who put on the Jogathon event and the Running Club.
- Champagne and cupcakes to celebrate the website launch
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: 12 x 12 in 2012, Family, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, Social Media, Writing · Tags: 12 x 12 in 2012, Family, Friends, Graphic Design, Julie Hedlund, juliehedlund.com, Marketing, Monthly Newsletter, Social Media, Web Design, Writer