Quotes on Gratitude
“The miracle of gratitude is that it shifts your perception to such an extent that it changes the world you see.” — Dr. Robert Holden
“No gesture is too small when done with gratitude.” — Oprah Winfrey
“Showing gratitude is one of the simplest yet most powerful things humans can do for each other.” — Randy Pausch
Gratitude list for the week ending May 26
- My husband and family gave me very inspired birthday gifts. A gorgeous necklace (which I am wearing in the photo), and the book SHOW ME A STORY: Why Picture Books Matter (also in the photo).
- A yummy birthday dinner at Radda’s Trattoria
- Eileen Spinelli sent me another of her books, WHEN YOU ARE HAPPY, signed to me and my kiddos, just because she thought I would like it, which OF COURSE I do. How sweet is that?
- The loads of birthday wishes that came in from friends and family. It’s worth it to be on Facebook just for the birthday messages! 🙂
- Both kids got excellent end-of-school-year report cards
- Weather cool enough for outdoor runs
- A productive week for both writing and submitting
- Hearing frogs croaking by the creek in the evening
- Getting my first manuscript critique customers – exciting!
- Two bottles of red wine (rated 90+ by Wine Spectator) arrived in the mail from my brother
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Birthdays, Books, Children's Books, Family, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, Picture Books, Writing