First of all, Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there, including my own husband, who is an amazing father to our two children – for which I am very grateful. And while I always end up missing my own father on this day, I am glad I can now look back and enjoy all the fond memories.
I’ve missed a couple of Sundays due to travel and a conference, so this week I’ll try to make up for it by cramming my vast amount of gratitude from the past two weeks into this single post.
Quotes on Gratitude
“Whatever our individual troubles may be, it is important to pause every now and then to appreciate all that we have, on every level.” — Shakti Gawain
“At some point in life the world’s beauty becomes enough. You don’t need to photograph, paint or even remember it. It is enough.” — Toni Morrison
“For me, every hour is grace. And I feel gratitude in my heart each time I can meet someone and look at his or her smile.” — Elie Wiesel
Gratitude list for the week(s) ending June 16
- We survived our long road trip from CO to VA and the kids were great sports (and I think they even enjoyed themselves)!
- Meeting Katie Davis in person! We had so much fun it’s as if we’ve been friends our whole lives. Haven’t we?? 🙂
- Meeting Corey Schwartz, Tara Lazar, Marcie Colleen, Patricia Nozell, Kim Pfenningworth, Annie Silvestro, Abigail Rayner – all members of 12 x 12 in 2012 and people I’ve “known” online long enough to think of them as good friends.
- Catching up with one of my best friends from college who lives in New Jersey. We haven’t seen each other for six years, but once we started yapping, it felt like no time had passed.
- I had encouraging meetings with agents and editors at the conference – so much so that I may actually be looking forward to my next round of submissions!
- I got to have lunch and two dinners with BFF Jane.
- Dinner with more friends – Ann and Milt and Trevor.
- Taking the kids to see Riverdance, which they loved so much they haven’t stopped “Irish Dancing” since we left.
- Walking with the kids to the library, reading some books, then grabbing ice cream for the walk home.
- My in-laws, for helping to take care of the kids so I could do much of the above.
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Agents, Authors, Brain Burps About Books, Children's Books, Family, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, Picture Books, Publishing, Queries, SCBWI, Travel, Writing · Tags: 12 x 12 in 2012, Agents, Authors, Brain Burps About Books, Family, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Julie Hedlund, Katie Davis, Libraries, NJ-SCBWI, Picture Books, Publishing, Queries, Road Trip, SCBWI, Travel, Writer, Writing