Quiet week as I’ve been on my own in CO. It will be great to reconnect with the family later this week, but the time to work and reflect has also been nice.
Quotes on Gratitude
“Gratitude is the single most important ingredient to living a successful and fulfilled life.” — Jack Canfield
“Gratitude as a discipline involves a conscious choice. I can choose to be grateful even when my emotions and feelings are steep and hurt and resentful. It is amazing how many occasions present themselves in which I can choose gratitude instead of a complaint.” — Father Henri Nouwen
“In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich.” — Dietrich Bonhoeffer
Gratitude List for the week ending June 23
- Imagine being outside in the sun with temperatures soaring over 100 degrees. Then imagine putting on the heavy protective and flame-retardant gear that firefighters have to wear. Then imagine walking into a fire area, trying to contain a fire that feeds itself on the hot temperatures. That is what the brave firefighters in Northern Colorado are doing every day in efforts to contain the High Park Fire. For that, I am so grateful. All of us in Colorado are indebted to them. Thank you!
- Great friends who tell you the truth. 🙂
- My mother, who made me the most delicious dinner last night.
- Bringing Rocky home from the kennel for a short respite before going to doggy bootcamp later this week.
- A quiet week to work, read and exercise
- I had a lot of fun preparing for the 12 x 12 in 2012 Blog Party, even if the end result wasn’t what I expected. (You’ll find out tomorrow!)
- Going to sleep without setting an alarm!
- My new blender
- A trip to not one, but TWO bookstores in the same day!!
- Gorgeous sunsets all week
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: 12 x 12 in 2012, Books, Gratitude Sunday, Writing · Tags: 12 x 12 in 2012, Books, Dogs, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, High Park Fire, Julie Hedlund, Reading, Rocky, Writer, Writing