We had a fantastic week in Northern Michigan. Perfect summer days and nights.
Quotes on Gratitude
“Be grateful… It is the only totally reliable get-rich-quick scheme.” — Ben Stein
“The greatest thing is to give thanks for everything. He who has learned this knows what it means to live. He has penetrated the whole mystery of life: giving thanks for everything.” — Albert Schweitzer
“I love those who can smile in trouble, who can gather strength from distress, and grow brave by reflection.” — Leonardo da Vinci
Gratitude List for the week ending July 7
- PERFECT summer weather in Michigan.
- Loons trilling on the lake in the morning and evening. Their song is love and loss, hope and despair, gladness and mourning – all rolled into one. Such regal birds.
- Both kids learned to dive, and Jay lost his first tooth. Great week of firsts
- Long visits with two of my oldest friends
- Being able to run outside in the woods
- Delicious food – Nancy made all of my Michigan favorites
- Tim McCanna’s jingle for the 12 x 12 Blog Party
- Key Lime Pie Martini at the Bearded Dogg. One would have been enough though… 🙂
- Taking evening cruises on the pontoon boat at dusk, including one where the engine failed and we ended up rowing the boat back to shore (like Michael).
- Grandma Nancy’s new bonfire pit, from which we roasted marshmallows and lit our fireworks.
Categories: Cooking, Family, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, Holidays, Summer, Travel · Tags: Family, Friendship, Julie Hedlund, Loons, Michigan, Northern Michigan, Summer, Travel, Writer