In the face of unspeakable tragedy, such as that which occurred in Aurora, CO on Friday, it is more important than ever for us to focus on the beauty in the world, the goodness, and to extend kindness and support to one another.
Still, it was difficult to write this post today.
First and foremost, I am grateful for the health of my children. I simply cannot imagine sending them off to see a movie on a summer night and not having them return safely. It is beyond my comprehension.
So I say to the world, more than ever, THANK YOU for all of my blessings, of which there are many.
Quotes on Gratitude (in the midst of sadness)
“No one is as capable of gratitude as one who has emerged from the kingdom of night.” — Elie Wiesel
“In the midst of winter, I finally learned that there was in me an invincible summer.” — Albert Camus
“Right in the difficult we must have our joys, our happiness, our dreams: there against the depth of this background, they stand out, there for the first time we see how beautiful they are.” — Rainer Maria Rilke
Gratitude List for the week ending July 20
- My daughter had the courage to stay away from home for five nights for a horse camp up in the mountains. I’m so proud of her (and also glad she’s back home)!
- My husband having dinner ready after I spent 12 hours driving home after dropping said daughter off due to apocalyptic traffic
- Watching the movie Journey 2 with Jay, which is his very favorite right now
- I got my Template for Storybook App Proposals launched after a gargantuan amount of work. Felt like quite an achievement!
- Going to yoga class after several months off
- Making progress on my Writer’s Renaissance retreat. Can’t wait to share details soon!
- Thunderstorms and rain (desperately needed)
- Two whole days to myself to catch up on work and writing
- Crickets chirping outside my window at night. Such a nice sound for sleeping
- Getting a great night’s sleep on Friday night – can’t remember the last time that happened… Maybe it was the crickets??
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Apps, Family, Gratitude Sunday, Health/Fitness, Movies, Summer · Tags: Family, Florence, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Italy, Julie Hedlund, Julie Hedlund's Template for Storybook Apps, Movies, Summer, Travel, Writer, Writer's Renaissance, Yoga