It’s been a big week – first full week of school, first full week of work. I’m grateful that we’ll be able to settle into a routine soon – however chaotic that routine will be.
Quotes on Gratitude
“The greatest wisdom is in simplicity. Love, respect, tolerance, sharing, gratitude, forgiveness. It’s not complex or elaborate.” — Carlos Barrios
“Gratitude and love are always multiplied when you give freely. It is an infinite source of contentment and prosperous energy.” — Jim Fargiano
“The cosmos is within us. We’re made of star-stuff. We are a way for the universe to know itself.” — Carl Sagan
Gratitude list for the week ending August 25
- The big news I alluded to in an earlier Gratitude Sunday post has been finalized. And although I can’t reveal the specifics yet, I will be able to soon. I am grateful not only for the news, but for my anticipation in sharing it!
- Taking a “moonwalk” with my kids one evening and discovering a loaded apple tree
- Cooler weather as summer blends into fall
- Italian salami with red wine for an appetizer
- Publishing the web pages for my Writer’s Renaissance retreat in Florence, Italy!! I spent all week working on these. I had so much fun putting them together, and I can’t wait to open registration to the public next Saturday (right now it’s open to the WR mailing list).
- I have already received one registration for Writer’s Renaissance and I’m expecting another on Monday. What a way to start!
- I’m going to help teach writing in my daughter’s 4th grade classroom once a week.
- My friend Julie Berghoff, who is always there at precisely the right moment
- Feeling excited about blog writing again
- Enjoying lunch with my daughter in a Parisian-esque cafe after her audition for a new play
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Family, Florence, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, Italy, Spirituality, Summer, Travel, Writer's Renaissance · Tags: Family, Florence, Friendship, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Italy, Julie Hedlund, Writer, Writer's Renaissance