My cup runneth over with friendship this week, both in support of some of the difficult times I’ve had lately and celebrating my first publishing contract. Visits and calls from family and friends near, far and virtual have made this an amazing week!
Quotes on Gratitude
“When you are grateful, fear disappears and abundance appears.” — Anthony Robbins
“It is impossible to be both grateful and depressed. Those with a grateful mindset tend to see the message in the mess. And even though life may knock them down, the grateful find reasons, if even small ones, to get up.” — Steve Maraboli
“Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.” — W.T. Purkiser
Gratitude list for the week ending September 15
- The announcement of my first publishing contract!
- My hippos! (courtesy of amazing artist Kristen Gjerdset)
- Took the kids out to dinner after my daughter’s rehearsal on Tuesday and we had a great time together
- Celebrating with the Margareaders
- Celebrating with my in-person critique group
- My friend Julie (yes, another one), who turned book club into a hot tub/slumber party!
- The discovery of a new (to me) running trail
- My publisher – Stacey Williams-Ng at Little Bahalia. We have so much fun working together!
- Reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe to the kids
- Tracey Cox, who reminded me of the Snoopy dance, which is how I felt after the blog announcement went live! I’ve included a Snoopy dance video for your viewing pleasure, in the hope that it will set the tone for your week. 🙂
What are you grateful for this week?
Categories: Apps, Book Club, Children's Books, Digital Publishing, ebooks, Entertaining, Family, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, Picture Books, Poetry, Publishing, Storybook Apps, Writing · Tags: A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, apps, Author, Book Club, Books, Celebration, Critique Groups, Digital Publishing, e-publishing, ebooks, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Julie Hedlund, Little Bahalia Publishing, Margareaders, Picture Books, Quotes on Gratitude, Snoopy Dance, Stacey Williams-Ng, Storybook Apps, Tracey M. Cox, Writing