Honestly, few things could be better than receiving the first art for your first book, and that is exactly what I got this week. The images I’m sharing in this post will be included in my upcoming app, A TROOP IS A GROUP OF MONKEYS. I know many of you have seen these already, but it’s not often an author gets the first look at his/her “cover” (in my case it’s the opening screen). Thank you Stacey Williams-Ng at Little Bahalia Publishing for taking on the story and to Pamela Baron for the gorgeous illustrations!!
Quotes on Gratitude
“In the end, it’s not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away.” — Shing Xiong
“A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.” — Harry Truman
“Every second that you spend on doubting your worth, every moment that you use to criticize yourself; is a second of your life wasted, is a moment of your life thrown away. It’s not like you have forever, so don’t waste any of your seconds, don’t throw even one of your moments away.” — C. Joy C.
Gratitude list for the week ending October 20
- Well, the cover for TROOP. That’s the last time I’ll mention it, I promise!
- Digital publishing in general, because it has created so many opportunities for authors and illustrators
- My father-in-law returned home after receiving a lung transplant a couple of weeks ago. Huge blessing!
- Writer’s Renaissance is a GO! I am so excited. The women who’ve signed up so far are already making travel arrangements and “conversing” with me via email. It’s real! It’s happening! A dream come true!
- A great conversation with Sarah Towle, of Time Traveler Tours, about some stories I’m working on for her.
- GREAT meeting with Katie Davis and Jon Bard of Children’s Book Insider, details of which will be forthcoming soon.
- I got a lot of banking done this week. If that seems like a strange thing to be grateful for, know that I dread all things numbers and financial like the plague. So getting a great deal accomplished all at once feels fantastic!
- GORGEOUS fall weather. When is someone going to invent a candle with the scent of autumn leaves?
- My kids whom every time I think I can never love any more than I already do, I prove myself incorrect.
- Fabulous, as always, meeting with my in-person critique group.
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Apps, Creativity, Digital Publishing, Family, Florence, Gratitude Sunday, Italy, PiBoIdMo, Picture Books, Poetry, Publishing, Rhyming, Storybook Apps, Travel, Writer's Renaissance, Writing · Tags: A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, apps, Author, Creativity, Digital Publishing, Florence, Italy, Julie Hedlund, Little Bahalia Publishing, Sarah Towle, Stacey Williams-Ng, Storybook Apps, Time Traveler Tours, Travel, Writer's Renaissance, Writing