Lots of focus on the arts this week. My daughter starred in her third musical through The Art Underground – The Little Mermaid. While she didn’t get one of the top roles, she plays four different characters and so is on stage for 2/3 of the show. So proud of her! Her final performance is this evening and then we start getting ready for the next audition.
Secondly, I’ve been getting the final art for A TROOP IS A GROUP OF MONKEYS, and I am ecstatic! I wish I could share them all with you, but that would take away the fun wouldn’t it? Nonetheless, feast your eyes on this ostentation of peacocks fanning their tail feathers. Gorgeous, no? And don’t forget, if you have an iPad and you know you want the app, you can sign up to be a TROOPer, purchase it on release day and get a special price!
Quotes on Gratitude
“True forgiveness is when you can say, “Thank you for that experience.” — Oprah Winfrey
“You pray in your distress and in your need; would that you might pray also in the fullness of your joy and in your days of abundance.” — Khalil Gibran, The Prophet
“Gratitude is the ability to experience life as a gift. It liberates us from the prison of self-preoccupation.” — John Ortberg
Gratitude list for the week ending November 17
- Em “killing it” in her Little Mermaid performance yesterday
- Again – the art for TROOP. Only a few more left to go!
- One of my in-person critique partners has agent interest in a picture book manuscript! A cause for celebration for us all.
- PiBoIdMo and the exercise of coming up with fresh ideas for picture books
- A “toenail moon” in a midnight sky
- Surviving a week filled with dress rehearsals, basketball practices, doctor’s appointments, field trips, and meetings. Sometimes, I realize, it’s okay to be grateful for just making it through to the other side. 🙂
- My homemade Amatriciana sauce – I do believe it is going to be a specialty of mine now.
- Waking up early enough to write in my journal a couple of mornings this week. I’d gotten out of the habit, and I’m trying to get back in.
- Making steady progress toward getting ready for 12 x 12 in 2013
- A long nap on a day I really needed one
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: 12 x 12 in 2012, A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, Apps, Digital Publishing, Family, Gratitude Sunday, PiBoIdMo, Picture Books, Publishing, Storybook Apps, Writing · Tags: 12 x 12 in 2012, A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, Author, Family, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Julie Hedlund, PiBoIdMo, Picture Books, Storybook Apps, Theater