Just one more week until my 100th Gratitude Sunday post! I hope you come back because I’ve made something special, a gift for you, to celebrate.
This week, my focus is on all of the wonderful people who, though they barely knew me at this time last year, chose to come along on an amazing journey called 12 x 12 in 2012. When I think of how much my life has changed as a result of YOU and your faith in me, I can’t help but get a little emotional, even though we’re continuing next year.
My Gratitude list this week overfloweth with the ways in which I am thankful for you guys. I couldn’t possibly fit everything into a list of 10 or even 1000, but this one, though small, is dedicated to you.
Quotes on Gratitude for Friendship
“But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine.” — Thomas Jefferson
“In everyone’s life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.” — Albert Schweitzer
“The sincere friends of this world are as ship lights in the stormiest of nights.”— Giotto di Bondone
Gratitude list for the week ending December 8
- To Tara Lazar, for creating PiBoIdMo, which in turn inspired 12 x 12.
- To Katie Davis, who gave me such a great start by hosting me on her Brain Burps About Books podcast in January. A year ago, we didn’t know each other, and now I can hardly imagine my life without her in it.
- All of the authors and editors who donated their time and talent for the featured author posts and generous giveaways.
- Every time I needed something — testimonials, recruiting assistance, volunteers, technical know-how — you guys were always there to help.
- To those of you (you know who you are) who lent me a shoulder to cry on when I needed one most.
- Getting to meet so many of you in person at conferences
- Getting to know so many of you so well online, even if not in person
- Tim, for his incredible 12 x 12 video and amazing song for TROOP.
- For all of your blogs, Facebook posts, and writing challenges which kept me motivated, inspired, and feeling lucky to be in such great company.
- The camaraderie and commiseration that comes from a community that gets it.
For as long as I’ve been a part of it, I’ve believed that the children’s writing community is the friendliest, most supportive one on earth. After this year, I know it for sure.Categories: 12 x 12 in 2012, A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, Apps, Children's Books, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, Picture Books, Storybook Apps, Works in Progress, Writing · Tags: 12 x 12 in 2012, A Troop is a Group of Monkeys, Author, Children's Books, Friendship, Gratitude, Gratitude Sunday, Julie Hedlund, Katie Davis, PiBoIdMo, Picture Books, Tara Lazar, Tim McCanna, Works in Progress, Writing