CONGRATULATIONS to the 401 brave souls who decided to take this plunge with me. I am so grateful to you all for providing ME with the inspiration and encouragement I need to meet my writing goals this year.
A few announcements and reminders:
- I have sent an email to all registered participants confirming your participation in the challenge. You DO NOT NEED TO REPLY to that email. It is for your reference. If you believe you signed up for the challenge and do not get an email from me, please contact me at JulieFHedlund (at) gmail (dot) com as soon as possible.
- If you want to be eligible for at least one point toward this month’s giveaway – a PB critique from author Tara Lazar, you MUST leave a comment on her post by midnight EST on Wednesday, February 1st. I will draw a winner through Random.org on February 2nd.
- Check the blog tomorrow for our monthly check-in. If you completed a PB draft in January, leave a comment saying so and you’ll be eligible for an additional point toward the giveaway. Please remember that a comment on the check-in post will not count unless you’ve also commented on Tara’s initial post.
- All “official” 12 x 12 announcements, giveaways and prizes will be made here on the blog. Please make sure you are following so you receive all of the information.
- We have a very active 12 x 12 Facebook group where people are introducing themselves, sharing information and support and forming critique groups. If you are on Facebook, I highly encourage you to join us there.
- I am now following all 12 x 12 participants with Twitter accounts. If you haven’t already followed me back, please do so at https://twitter.com/#!/JulieFHedlund. I have created a list of all 12 x 12 participants that you can follow if you want to keep up with your fellow participants: https://twitter.com/#!/list/JulieFHedlund/twelve-by-twelve-in-2012. We are tweeting about the 12 x 12 challenge using the hashtag #12x. If you provided me with your Twitter handle and I wasn’t able to follow you, you will hear from me within the next week or so via email.
- I am also following all participants who are blogging. If I had any difficulty following your blog, you will hear from me within the next week or so via email. Some of you provided me with static author and/or illustrator websites. Please note that I am not able to follow those, as they do not have feeds embedded into them.
- We have created a list of participant blogs on the Facebook page, and I encourage you all to follow each other. We’re here to support one another, after all.
- As a reminder, all “official” 12 x 12 posts will have our banner displayed across the top. It’s a companion to our lovely badge. So whenever you see the banner, you know that post will be 12 x 12 related. Don’t forget you can put the badge on your blog too! Wear it proudly! 🙂
- Last, but certainly not least, GOOD LUCK to everyone! I can’t believe we’re already almost one month in. What a fantastic month it has been!
Still more questions? Please leave them in the comments.Categories: 12 x 12 in 2012, Authors, Children's Books, Giveaway, Goals, Picture Books, Works in Progress, Writing · Tags: 12 x 12 in 2012, Giveaway, Goals, Julie Hedlund, Picture Books, Tara Lazar, Works in Progress, Writer, Writing