With just 24 hours left in the Kickstarter campaign for my book, MY LOVE FOR YOU IS THE SUN, what I want to say most of all is THANK YOU! Many of you pledged, shared the news, hosted me on your blogs or supported me in other ways. ALL of you endured many messages from me about the campaign over the past 30 days and are still here. That constitutes support too. 🙂
We have the money we need to publish the book AND do two free school visits post-publication. Those results are so thrilling and so incredible, that I decided NOT to make a final appeal for backers in today’s post, but rather share what the campaign has meant to me.
- It’s given me the opportunity to publish a book that honors my family and my childhood. I hope it will provide a way for other families to do the same across generations.
- It’s made this holiday season, my favorite time of year, even more magical than most.
- It has reminded me of everything I love about being a children’s writer, INCLUDING the tough stuff like promotion.
- The love, encouragement and support I’ve received from so many people has been a huge emotional boon. Difficult to express, but most definitely sincere.
- I get to work with an illustrator, Susan Eaddy, whose work amazes me AND make one of my kids’ dreams — to have her illustrate one of my books — a reality.
- I get to revel in the knowledge that Little Bahalia Publishing has enough faith in me to invest time and energy into another one of my books.
- I have pushed myself into places that have been scarier and darker than most others with this project, and I am stronger and more confident as a result.
- I get to use my knowledge to teach and assist other writers who may embark upon this journey after me, which is always one of my goals.
It’s been a wild and wonderful ride. Thanks for riding shotgun!Categories: Childhood, Children's Books, Crowdfunding, Family, Friendship, Picture Books, Publishing · Tags: Childhood, Children's Books, Crowdfunding, Family, Friendship, Kickstarter, My Love for You is the Sun, Picture Books, Publishing