Hello everyone! How was your August? Mine was thrilling, exhausting, rewarding, and memorable. Most notably, I had the honor of being on Faculty for the SCBWI-LA conference. I even got to ask many of my favorite authors and illustrators why they were grateful to create books for children. I even hijacked Katie Davis’ Brain Burps About Books podcast so I could share their responses. Give it a listen if you haven’t already. Lots of inspiration tucked into 20 short minutes.
But the key question of the hour is: Did I write a PB draft in August? Did you? The answer for me is no, BUT I did do an extensive revision on an existing manuscript that had been eluding me for some time. I’m still not sure if I’ve gotten it “right,” but I am ecstatic that I’ll have something to share with my critique partners this month.
Now it is your turn. How did you fare in the dog days of summer (Northern Hemisphere)? Let us know in the comments and of course in the Rafflecopter.
Quick reminder: Submissions to our August featured agent Jennifer Mattson will close today at 6:00 p.m. Eastern/3:00 p.m. Pacific SHARP! Our September featured agent, John Cusick, will accept submissions from GOLD members in September. HOWEVER, John’s submission guidelines will be delayed for a few days because he is out of town for the Labor Day weekend. I will announce on the Forum and the Facebook Page once submissions to him are officially open. Thanks for your patience.
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win a critique from Corey Schwartz, even if you didn’t complete a draft!
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “Critique with Corey Schwartz” at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on Corey’s Blog Post” button. It will reveal the task, which is to comment on Corey’s August 1st post. Commenting on Corey’s post is mandatory and gets you one point even if you didn’t complete a draft in August. If you haven’t yet commented, click here to do so. Then you click ENTER on that option in Rafflecopter, which will then open the next two options.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in August. If you did, click ENTER, if you did not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in August. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- Submit your entry. Rafflecopter will track your points.
You have until midnight Eastern on September 1st to enter your results. I will then have Rafflecopter draw a winner and announce it on the blog on September 2nd.
Many, many thanks to Corey for helping us earn our black belt in rhyme!
Finally, don’t forget to come back tomorrow to meet September’s awesome featured author!
a Rafflecopter giveaway