I can hardly believe we’ve already come to the end of the first month in the second year of 12 x 12! I know we’re all still getting accustomed to the new features, especially the Membership Forum, but I’d say it’s been amazing month! There’s so much activity on the Forum with people sharing resources, critiquing each other’s work, not to mention 40 FABULOUS query critiques provided by Emma Walton Hamilton!
In the midst of all the Forum excitement, how did your writing fare? I only got 1/3 of the way through a PB draft, but I DID write the first chapter of a chapter book that will be the first in a series. Given the fact that I was wrapping up one 12 x 12, launching another, and celebrating both of my kids’ birthdays, I consider that a good result.
Now it’s your turn to report, which is all on the honor system. If you say you did these things, you did. It is after all, your karma that’s at stake.
I’m running the check-in posts through Rafflecopter this year to reduce the admin burden. Here is what you need to do to check in, even if you didn’t complete a draft!
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “Critique from January Featured Author Tara Lazar” at the top.
- Click on the first “Invent your own option” button. It will reveal the task, which is to comment on Tara’s January 4th post. Commenting on Tara’s post is mandatory and gets you one point even if you didn’t complete a draft in January. If you haven’t yet commented, click here to do so. Then you click ENTER on that option in Rafflecopter, which will then open the next two options.
- Click on the next “Invent your own option” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in January. If you did, click ENTER, if you did not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Invent your own option” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in January. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- Submit your entry. Rafflecopter will track your points.
You have until midnight EST on February 1st to enter your results. I will then have Rafflecopter draw a winner and announce it on the blog on February 4th.
Many, many thanks to Tara Lazar for doing such a wonderful job of launching us again in 2013. We appreciate all you do for the writing community!
Remember – Registration for 12 x 12 in 2013 is open until February 28th, so there’s still time to join. Also, don’t forget to come back tomorrow to meet February’s featured author. You won’t be disappointed!12 x 12, 12 x 12 Featured Author, Authors, Giveaway, Goals, Picture Books, Works in Progress, Writing · Tags: 12 x 12, 12 x 12 Monthly Check-In, Author, Critiques, Giveaway, Goals, Julie Hedlund, Picture Books, Tara Lazar, Works in Progress, Writing