That is all I have to say about July.
I know I threw down the gauntlet in June saying I WOULD write a draft in July.
Well I didn’t. Between two vacations with the kids and preparing for the LA SCBWI conference (plus a few other things), I simply did not have the creative space to write. I’m NOT complaining, because I am thrilled and beyond honored to be on faculty at the conference, and putting my presentations together has been very rewarding creatively.
But I miss writing. I wish I could be one of those people who religiously set a certain time period per day to their writing without fail. I wish I were a morning person. I wish I weren’t so tired at night. I wish I didn’t need so much sleep to function. I wish I’d stop whining. But there it is — just being fully honest and wearing my heart on my sleeve. I will not make any proclamations about August, but you can bet I’ll do my best to get back in the saddle!
Now it’s your turn. Did you or did you not write a new draft and or revise an existing draft in July?
Is summer killing you the way it is me? Are you keeping up with your writing this summer?
Quick reminder: Submissions to our July featured agent Karen Grencik will close today at 6:00 p.m. EST/3:00 p.m. PST SHARP! Our August featured agent, Jennifer Mattson will begin accepting submissions tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. EST.
Also, don’t forget that today is the LAST day to get Katie’s Video Idiot Boot Camp course for the now-expired-to-the-general-public early bird rate. To get the deal, click the above link or this one and enter the discount code provided in the membership forum. I’m telling you, it’s a career-changing course. You don’t want to miss it! Meanwhile, read on to find out how to be a winner of Katie’s prizes for this month.
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win a 30 minute one-on-one consultation with Katie Davis or one of two $10 coupons to her store, even if you didn’t complete a draft!
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “30 Minute Consulation with Katie Davis” at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on Katie’s Blog Post” button. It will reveal the task, which is to comment on Katie’s July 3rd post. Commenting on Katie’s post is mandatory and gets you one point even if you didn’t complete a draft in July. If you haven’t yet commented, click here to do so. Then you click ENTER on that option in Rafflecopter, which will then open the next two options.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in July. If you did, click ENTER, if you did not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in July. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- Submit your entry. Rafflecopter will track your points.
You have until midnight EST on Aug 1st to enter your results. I will then have Rafflecopter draw a winner and announce it on the blog on Aug 2nd.
Many, many thanks to Katie for showing how creating videos can make us better picture book writers!
Finally, don’t forget to come back tomorrow to meet August’s featured author.12 x 12, 12 x 12 Featured Author, Authors, Giveaway, Goals, Picture Books, Winter, Works in Progress, Writing