Folks, we are HALFWAY through the 2013 12 x 12 picture book writing challenge. HALFWAY!
How did this happen? I swear I woke up yesterday and it was May, and now it’s July? So this check-in seems particularly significant as we assess what we’ve written so far and look forward to the downhill slope to December. Are you on track or do you need to up your game?
I am sorry to report that another month has gone by without a draft from me. I’ll spare you all the excuses and simply put my stake in the ground that I WILL have a new draft in July. My own writing has been taking a back burner to other activities lately, and I miss it. I need to do a better job of making time for writing. So mark my words that I’ll have a new manny for July!
Okay folks. It’s your turn to report. Did you or did you not write a new draft and or revise an existing draft in June?
Quick reminder: Submissions to our June featured agent Erzsi Deak will close today at 6:00 p.m. EST/3:00 p.m. PST SHARP! Our July featured agent, Karen Grencik, will begin accepting submissions tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. EST.
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “Dinosailors and All Aboard the Dinotrain by Deb Lund” at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on Deb’s Blog Post” button. It will reveal the task, which is to comment on Deb’s June1st post. Commenting on Deb’s post is mandatory and gets you one point even if you didn’t complete a draft in June. If you haven’t yet commented, click here to do so. Then you click ENTER on that option in Rafflecopter, which will then open the next two options.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in June. If you did, click ENTER, if you did not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in June. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- Submit your entry. Rafflecopter will track your points.
You have until midnight EST on July 1st to enter your results. I will then have Rafflecopter draw a winner and announce it on the blog on July 2nd.
Many, many thanks to Deb Lund for encouraging us to piggyback with our favorite picture books!
Finally, don’t forget to come back tomorrow to meet July’s featured author. I think you’ll like her!
a Rafflecopter giveaway