Folks, this is going to be a short and sweet intro because I honestlly have no idea what happened to the month of May. Seriously. What happened to it? How can we be entering our sixth month of 12 x 12 already?
It’s probably obvious by that opener that I did not get a draft completed in May. I’m feeling anxious about it and itching to write. So you heard it here first – I WILL write a draft and revise one in June!! So there!
Quick reminder: Submissions to our May featured agent Elizabeth Harding will close today at 6:00 p.m. EST/3:00 p.m. PST SHARP! Our June featured agent, Erzsi Deak, will begin accepting submissions tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. EST.
Okay folks. It’s your turn to report. Did you or did you not write a new draft and or revise an existing draft in May?
Here is what you need to do to check in for a chance to win a PB critique from Jean Reidy, even if you didn’t complete a draft!
- See the Rafflecopter widget at the end of this post that says “A Picture Book Critique from Jean Reidy” at the top.
- Click on the “Comment on Jean’s Blog Post” button. It will reveal the task, which is to comment on Jean’s May 1st post. Commenting on Jean’s post is mandatory and gets you one point even if you didn’t complete a draft in May. If you haven’t yet commented, click here to do so. Then you click ENTER on that option in Rafflecopter, which will then open the next two options.
- Click on the “Wrote a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you completed a PB draft in May. If you did, click ENTER, if you did not, move on to the next step.
- Click on the last “Revised a PB Manuscript” button. This will ask if you revised a PB in May. If you did, click ENTER. If not, move on to the next step.
- Submit your entry. Rafflecopter will track your points.
You have until midnight EST on June 1st to enter your results. I will then have Rafflecopter draw a winner and announce it on the blog on June 2nd.
Many, many thanks to Jean Reidy for inspiring us to create picture books with power!
Finally, don’t forget to come back tomorrow to meet June’s featured author. It’s another winner!
a Rafflecopter giveaway