I don’t usually write bullet-pointed news bulletins for blog posts, but my life is so far beyond crazy right now, I’m going to do it today so I can get a lot of information out to you all at once. Here goes:
- I will be mostly off-grid until Monday October 15th due to a family wedding and vacation. I’ll check email a couple of times a day, but besides next Tuesday’s 12 x 12 author post (please come out and show support even though I won’t be here!), there will be no new blog posts.
- HUGE Writer’s Renaissance news! Author Mary Hoffman, who’s written 90+ books in all genres, has joined us on faculty. Read what she’ll teach us on the Program page and then Register! Early-bird discount expires in 28 days!! Don’t forget about the Ambassador Program if you’re interested in helping to spread the word about the retreat. Also, I just published a tempting Recommended Reading list to whet your appetite for all things Florence.
- Katie Davis is offering a FREE Replay of the Pinterest Webinar due to the technical issues that arose with the first one. She is using new a new webinar platform.
- Katie Davis is also launching her new Ask the Expert Webinar series with Agent Elizabeth Harding from Curtis Brown. She’ll be answering many of the questions writers have about getting an agent, getting an agent’s interest, cracking into, or continuing a career in publishing. She will be LIVE and will be saving lots of time at the end to answer your specific questions. Katie will do three random drawings for … a FULL novel critique from Elizabeth Harding! Full. Novel. Then she’ll do another random drawing and the winner will get a full picture book critique! Full! Personally, I can’t wait for this one!
- If you are thinking about launching an author website or blog or want to spruce up an existing one with better web copy, on October 8th at 8 p.m. EST, online marketing maven Stella Orange is offering a FREE call on writing home pages in advance of her upcoming Write Your Website Production Lab. Stella’s Lab was some the best money I spent last year when I was launching my own website. In the Lab, you’ll draft your Home page, Services page and About page – the three toughies – plus get one on one time with Stella. If you use my link to register for the free call, I get credited, at no additional cost to you, as a partner if you later decide to sign up for the WYW Lab – in fact, you’ll then receive a $100 discount. Whether you do the Lab or not, the call is free. Rest assured Stella is not going to teach you slimy, phony marketing techniques. Here is her philosophy on writing web content:“…(I)f you offer something the world is hungry for… if you have a fire in your belly that you can’t quite seem to get out of you (yet)… if you know in your bones you are here to serve and get out there with the fierceness and humble ambition of a rock star who loves the music so much you can’t keep it inside one day longer……well then, darlin’, I believe you have a money-making message inside of you that’s yearning to be free. And all you have to do is put THAT into your writing.” Finally, if you subscribe to my newsletter, check out today’s issue as there is an extra bonus for you if you decide to take the course.
- YES! 12 x 12 will run again next year. People keep asking for information. It’s not ready yet, but you WILL be stoked! Registration will open on December 1st. More to come!!
That’s all for now! I hope you can take advantage of some of these opportunities. Blog you all soon!Categories: 12 x 12 in 2012, Agents, Authors, Books, Brain Burps About Books, Children's Books, Creativity, Florence, Italy, Picture Books, Travel, Writer's Renaissance, Writing · Tags: 12 x 12 in 2012, Agents, Author, Author Websites, Books, Brain Burps About Books, Children's Books, Creativity, Elizabeth Harding, Florence, Italy, Julie Hedlund, Katie Davis, Mary Hoffman, Picture Books, Stella Orange, Webinars, Writer's Renaissance, Writing