This week was filled with the stuff of dreams. Signing books in some of my favorite stores, reading MY LOVE FOR YOU IS THE SUN to children of all ages, “playing” with illustrator Susan Eaddy and showing her around Boulder/Denver, and being surrounded by friends and loved ones. Most of all, I am grateful I was able to share all of this with my children.
Quotes on Gratitude
“Today I choose to live with gratitude for the love that fills my heart, the peace that rests within my spirit, and the voice of hope that says… all things are possible.” — Unknown
“There is no joy without gratitude.” — Brene Brown
“Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” Matthew 7:7
Gratitude list for the week ending November 8
- Susan and I got to present and/or sign books at four of my favorite local bookstores — The Tattered Cover, The Book Bar, The Boulder Bookstore, and The Bookies! You can pick up signed copies of both MY LOVE FOR YOU IS THE SUN and A TROOP IS A GROUP OF MONKEYS at all of these stores. Go Indies!!
- Being able to share my home and town with Susan in exchange for the wonderful time she showed me in
- GOOD NEWS on a new manuscript! Much excitement and the thrill of possibility
- My daughter knocked her singing solo out of the park at the 6th grade choir performance. So proud!
- So many friends and family came to our signings and events – an honor
- Doing a school visit with one of my in-person critique partner’s fourth grade class! She’s an amazing teacher and writer!!
- Boulder put on its best in terms of weather – gorgeous all week
- Dinner at Ten Ten Brasserie
- Seldom do I engage in retail therapy, but since I was showing Susan around… 🙂 I found a few great things for myself.
- The right to vote
What are you grateful for this week?Categories: Children's Books, Family, Friendship, Gratitude Sunday, My Love For You Is The Sun, Picture Books, Poetry, Works in Progress, Writing · Tags: Book Signing, Boulder Bookstore, Family, Friendship, Julie Hedlund, My Love for You is the Sun, Picture Books, Poetry, Publishing, Susan Eaddy, The Book Bar, The Tattered Cover