Alas, even the best parties must come to an end. As I take down the streamers, throw the empty bottles into the recycling bin and sweep up the crumbs, I am still reveling in the great memories. I think 41 is a good turnout for the first 12 x 12 blog party, and now that the rest of you know how much fun we had, hopefully you’ll join in for the year-end gala.
In addition to my rap anthem, we also enjoyed the following:
- Real songwriter Tim McCanna wrote us a celebration song.
- Carter Higgins did a crossword puzzle.
- Beth Stilborn was the FIRST to arrive to the party, complete with pictures. She also hosted me on her blog this week.
- Penny Klostermann partied like animals (plural)!
- Christie Wild didn’t kiss a frog; she ate one.
- Three Ghost Friends, born in 12 x 12, celebrated with us.
- This Kid Erik had a book bound and built a Lego sculpture of himself writing.
- Catherine Johnson wrote an easy-peasy, never-cheesy poem.
- Bethany Telles was so fashionably late she had to help me clean up!
And so much more! Each and every post is worth reading, so please go through and support our 12xers. The entire list is at the bottom of this post.
For those of us in the U.S., we can console ourselves with fireworks, sparklers, hot dogs, ice cream and lots of Independence Day fun. Somehow, I don’t think it will match up. 😉 Nonetheless, Happy 4th of July!!12 x 12 in 2012, Authors, Friendship, Goals, Guest Blogging, Holidays, Picture Books, Poetry, Summer, Works in Progress, Writing · Tags: 12 x 12 Halfway There Blog Party, 12 x 12 in 2012, Fourth of July, Friendship, Goals, Guest Blogging, Julie Hedlund, Picture Books, Poetry, Summer, Works in Progress, Writer, Writing