I am so pleased to announce that the Writer’s Renaissance retreat, to take place in Florence, Italy April 7-13, 2013, has met its minimum number of registered participants and is officially a DEFINITE!
- Want to go to the Boboli Gardens and learn about ‘Writing from a Sense of Place’ with the author, Lisa Clifford, of a memoir so popular in Europe and Australia that it might be made into a movie?
- Want to go “On Location” to a famous site in Florence with historical fiction, fantasy and picture book author Mary Hoffman, author of 90+ books, and write our own story “scene” using Mary’s secret techniques for research and writing?
- Want to learn how to use the visual arts (even if you are not an artist!) to improve your writing in a gorgeous setting with author/illustrator Katie Davis?
- Want to participate in poetry-writing activities that are FUN and NON-THREATENING and NOT HOITY-TOITY?
- Want to talk tools for chipping away at writer’s block while visiting Michelangelo’s David?
- Want to sip prosecco from the most beautiful terrace in all of Florence? One that just happens to be attached to YOUR hotel?
- Want to be swept off into the Tuscan countryside to a former monastery to take a cooking class, eat a fabulous dinner and have a toast with wine made from grapes descendant from vines planted by monks in the 12th century?
- Want to return home with a lifetime of inspiration for your writing?
Sounds fabulous right? But don’t take my word for it. The fabulous poet and founder of the No Water River video poetry blog Renee LaTulippe, who will join us on our last morning to record our poems for posterity, lives in Tuscany. She recently appeared on Katie Davis’ Brain Burps About Books podcast and revealed why Italy is so perennially inspiring and why, in her words, “If you can swing (Writer’s Renaissance), it should be swung.”Brain Burps About Books, Cooking, Creativity, Florence, Friendship, Italy, Picture Books, Poetry, Travel, Travel Writing, Writer's Renaissance, Writing · Tags: Author, Brain Burps About Books, Florence, Italy, Julie Hedlund, Katie Davis, Lisa Clifford, Mary Hoffman, Podcast, Renee LaTulippe, Travel, Writer's Renaissance